ANVILL-LTI is a suite of web-based speech applications (synchronous and asynchronous) that are optimized for oral/aural langauge practice. The applications include:
- Lesson Pages: Allow teachers to present lesson content, much like a textbook would.
- LiveChat: Allows students to meet in real-time, using video or audio to communicate synchronously, as well as share files.
- Portfolio: Allows students to submit personal speech-enabled homework that only the teacher can see.
- Voiceboards: Allows students to discuss a topic in groups. Discussion is asynchronous, using video, audio, or text.
- Interactive Video: Enrich your lessons with "in-video" comprehension tasks (via H5P).
The screencasts below give you a good idea of how ANVILL works. For further information check out the documentation.
ANVILL-LTI: Creating an Account
See the instructions under the "Getting An Account" tab for the most up-to-date instructions. This screencast illustrates the steps for Teachers just getting started.
Using ANVILL in the 2016 EVO Flipped Learning Session
While this tour of "Flipped Learning" was written for a specific course, it should give you some idea of what's possible in ANVILL in terms of lesson, activities, and organizing content. What isn't highlighted here are its speech capabilities.