ANVILL-LTI is a suite of web-based speech applications (synchronous and asynchronous) that are optimized for oral/aural langauge practice. The applications include:
- Lesson Pages: Allow teachers to present lesson content, much like a textbook would.
- LiveChat: Allows students to meet in real-time, using video or audio to communicate synchronously, as well as share files.
- Portfolio: Allows students to submit personal speech-enabled homework that only the teacher can see.
- Voiceboards: Allows students to discuss a topic in groups. Discussion is asynchronous, using video, audio, or text.
- Interactive Video: Enrich your lessons with "in-video" comprehension tasks (via H5P).
The screencasts below give you a good idea of how ANVILL works. For further information check out the documentation.
ANVILL-LTI: Creating an Account
See the instructions under the "Getting An Account" tab for the most up-to-date instructions. This screencast illustrates the steps for Teachers just getting started.
Using ANVILL in the 2016 EVO Flipped Learning Session
While this tour of "Flipped Learning" was written for a specific course, it should give you some idea of what's possible in ANVILL in terms of lesson, activities, and organizing content. What isn't highlighted here are its speech capabilities.
Using Chat Rooms in ANVILL-LTI
ANVILL's chat tool permits real time communication among class members. It handles 4 video chatters quite well, and teachers can create a separate chat room for every student in the class.
Canvas: Creating a Voiceboard in ANVILL-LTI
ANVILL-LTI works inside of most Learning Mangagement Systems, like Canvas. This screencast describes how to create a Voicboard, an asynchronous, speech based tool.